Zoom also knows, because I recently told her, that I love making music lists. In fact I may have been "bragging" a bit about all the lists and mixes I've made. Now I'm wondering if, similar to her most excellent challenge to Dan and Dwight, she is telling me to step up and do something for the betterment of bunnies. So, on Logan's encouragement, I accept the challenge.
Here are 7 tracks of musicians I'd like to see at the upcoming Ottawa Jazz Festival:
1. Madeleine Peyroux - Getting Some Fun Out of Life - 1996 (June 23)
2. Return to Forever - Light as a Feather - 1972 (June 26)
3. Herbie Hancock - Watermelon Man - 1973 (June 22)
4. Molly Johnson - Another Day - 2002 (July 1)
5. Buddy DeFranco - Rose Room - 1957 (June 21)
6. Brad Mehldau - Get Happy - 2004 (June 29)
7. Lee Konitz (w/Marshall Brown) - Struttin' With Some Barbeque - 1967 (June 24)
That wasn't so bad! But part II of this meme is a problem because I have to choose 7 other people to tag. Logan and I are new to the blogging community and don't know that many people well enough to tag just yet:
1. JuliaR - the Demystification Guru - is doing an excellent job blogging about her trip to France. Perhaps 7 songs that she sang while sitting at the
2. BikeRider - Views from the Saddle - photographer/artist extraordinaire - must be humming something
I could tag Zoom again but that may start an endless loop that could cause the complete annihiliation of the bunny population. Therein lies the problem, I'm 5 tags short of a meme complete. What to do? Logan suggested that perhaps if HE choose 5 songs it would be enough for a bunny offset. I thought that was a good idea and I can only hope this would be acceptable to the blogging community.
Here's Logan's list:
1. Frank Zappa - Dog Breath - 1972
2. Rufus Thomas - Walkin' the Dog - 1964
3. Patti Page - How Much is that Doggie in the Window? - 1953
4. Bette Midler - Skylark - 1973 (I told him to choose that one)
5. he couldn't think of another one but promised to turn a blind eye the next time he spotted a rabbit on our walks… but only ONE free pass he insists.