1/2 cup steel cut oatmeal
2-1/4 cups water
1 cinnamon stick
1 inch cube of fresh peeled ginger
1/8 tsp freshly ground pepper
Put all the above into a pot, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring every once in a while.
While that was happening, I did the following:
- fed Logan (1 cup dry Eukenuba for large seniors with 5 squirts of Omega-3);
- let Logan in the yard to greet the kids walking to meet their school bus;
- emptied the dishwasher;
- made a strong capucinno (using 3 shots of espresso);
- prepared my bowl (more of a small casserole dish) to receive the oatmeal:
- handful of fresh raspberries
- handful of fresh blueberries
- kiwi peeled and cut into cubes
- handful raisins
- handful of chopped unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon of each cinnamon, ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar;
- put the oatmeal in the dish and top with leftover steamed milk from step 4;
- put a little oatmeal (2 tbsp) in Logan's food bowl;
- let Logan in.
- WE EAT!